MFAA Equipment and Commercial Finance program (Advanced)
The Equipment & Commercial Finance beginner to intermediate course is a prerequisite of the advanced course.
Advanced Program for Equipment & Commercial Finance – for more complex transactions
By completing the advanced stage of the program you will gain the skills to deliver more complex financial analysis and deliver finance submissions to banking institutions on commercial finance. The Advanced, Equipment and Commercial Finance program is delivered in a one day workshop.
During this workshop the following will be outlined:
Module 5 - Financial Analysis I: Financial Performance interpretation (Profit and Loss) including identifying the net cash flow and debt serviceability of a business.
Module 6 - Financial Analysis II: Structures of financial positions, Net assets and liabilities of credit application. Reserve accounts, asset quality and liquidity of the business. Assessment of Profitability, solvency and liquidity.
Module 7 - Business Entities: Critical aspects of legal entities, required information and documentation.
Module 8 - Review: Case study and scenario delivery involving the use of structured processes for conducting a credit assessment and applying simulated examples to review the learning outcomes.
The workshop will cover
What are Key Features Translated to Benefits?
- Evaluation tools, client tax – capital structure benefits, scale issues
- Case examples, complex scenarios (eg construction finance – market risk on resale)
How do we Read Financial Statement?
- Horizontal vs vertical analysis, cash flow analysis, complex structures, related entities
- Working Capital movements, scenario analysis, sensitivity testing
How do Various Business Structures Influence Product Choice?
- Tax treatment in structures, inter-entity issues, security aspects of structures
- Inter-entity issues
- Security aspects of structures
What are Underwriting Considerations?
- Business case – credit application, special issues – director fees, inter-entity cross guarantees, trustee status, beneficiaries implications
- Equity options in financing, non-recourse lending, cash flow from developments
Why should you attend?
- Create a more robust business and sector
- Ensure growth opportunity and continuity of your business
- Build a more valuable business
- Build strength though diversification of products offered
- Better partnering with customers through value adding services
- Provide a “one stop shop” for all financial services
The workshop will include case studies and scenarios including
- Evaluation tools
- Client tax
- Capital structure benefits
- Scale issues
- Case examples
- Complex scenarios (eg construction finance – market risk on resale)
Please click here for upcoming workshop dates
*Workshops are provided subject to minimum (10) participant registrations. The workshop will be postponed to the next scheduled date if this number is not met.
Please login or sign up to enrol into this course here
Please do not close this window, refresh or click the Back button on your browser..